NUNSENSE AUDITION NOTICE
Dan Goggin's NUNSENSE
February 20-22, 2015 (4 Performances)
By Dan Goggin
Presented through special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
Directed by Nicholas Raponi
Musical Direction by Cindy McKean
Choreography by Jason Hair-Wynn
Sunday, October 19 beginning at
with callbacks (if necessary)
Monday, October 20 at
E.B. Newton Cultural Center, 3rd Floor at the Winthrop School of Performing Arts, 45 Pauline Street, Winthrop
If you've ever been interested in being one of the Little Sisters of Hoboken - now's your chance! We are looking for 5 females to fill the roles. All roles are open.
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a musical theater song in the style of the show. Please bring sheet music in the appropriate key, an accompanist will be provided.
- Please avoid songs from "Nunsense" and other shows within this category (i.e., NunCrackers, Nunsense Jubilee, etc.)
- People may be asked to do a cold reading from the script. (Sides will be provided for Callbacks.)
- Please bring tap shoes if you have them as the dance audition combo will likely include tapping. If you do not have tap shoes for auditions, DON'T STRESS.
- Please come to auditions prepared to tell a "nun" joke, but let's keep it clean, as it is all in good fun.
- If callbacks are going to be held all auditioners will be notified with the roles they are called back for and what music to be prepared to sing. Please familiarize yourself with the score.
Auditions will take place on a first come, first serve basis, BUT please arrive promptly at 5pm so you are able to learn the dance combination.
Contact the Director at email@example.com with any questions.
Rehearsals will be underway Sun, Oct 26 with rehearsals ideally taking place Sundays (time TBD), and Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Please visit www.nunsense.com/shows/nun1.cfm for a brief synopsis of this hysterical show.
• Sister Mary Regina (Mother Superior) – The head of the convent, she is respected by the sisters. While she is strict, she has a hard time keeping the craziness of the convent at bay. She keeps her guard up in front of the nuns, but has an extroverted side. Part requires some very physical humor. The character may be played with an Irish accent. Voice Part: Mezzo/belter
• Sister Mary Hubert – Hubert is in charge of novices, but fancies herself a Mother Superior and is constant competition with Mary Regina. She exudes maternal wisdom to novices, but also likes to let loose. Voice Part: Mezzo/belter
• Sister Robert Anne – Once a child delinquent herself, this rough tough nun is a jokester and constantly challenging authority. She speaks with a thick Brooklyn accent and constantly displays her lack of refinement. Voice Part: Mezzo/belter
• Sister Mary Amnesia – As the name suggests, she has lost her memory and does not know who she is except that she is a nun. She is spacey and incoherent, often slipping into displays inappropriate for a nun. Must be able to sing in classical and country styles. Voice Part: Soprano/belter
• Sister Mary Leo – Leo is the novice nun, still learning the way and coming to terms with her decision to give up "civilian" life. She is a ballerina and displays her talents through much of the show. She is also easily swayed to join in mischief. Voice Part: Mezzo/belter