THE ROCKY HORROR
SHOW- AUDITION NOTICE
The Rocky Horror Show Alive On Stage!
Winthrop Playmakers Dinner Theatre
October 8-17, 2014 (Thursdays
and Fridays only)
By: Richard O’Brien
Presented through special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
Directors: Eric & Kelli Gaynor
Music Director: John Sparling
Choreographers: Kim Misci & Tara Leary
Stage Manager: Anthony Internicola
Producers: Lauren Amaru & Bill Thompson
Monday, July 7 & Tuesday, July 8 at
Winthrop Cultural Center, 45 Pauline Street, Winthrop
Please prepare one selection of 16-32 bars in the style of the show.
Please bring sheet music and headshot & resume if possible.
CAUTION: Intense Adult Themes, Strong Language, Revealing Costumes
Actors under the age of 18 will require parental permission prior to
Venue: Cottage Park Yacht Club, Winthrop
Thursday, October 9th at 8pm
Friday, October 10th at 8pm
Thursday, October 16th at 8pm
Friday, October 17th at 8pm
On the way to visit an old college professor, two clean cut young
people, Brad Majors and his fiancée Janet Weiss, run into trouble and
seek help at the freaky Frankenstein mansion. However, little did they
know that the mansion is inhabited by alien transsexuals from the planet
Transylvania and Dr. Frank N Furter is in the midst of one of his
• Narrator – Guides us through the show, any age or physical type
• Usherette (Rock Mezzo/Alto, 20’s-40’s) Opens and closes show
• Brad Majors (Rock Tenor, 20s) – A youthful, handsome and wholesome
• Janet Weiss (Mezzo with belt, 20s) – Brad’s fiancee – A youthful,
pretty and wholesome young woman.
• Dr. Frank N Furter – (belting rock and roll voice of considerable
range) “a transvestite from the planet Transexual in the galaxy of
• Riff Raff (Rock Tenor, 25-45) – hunchback handyman – An eccentric
butler of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter
• Columbia (Mezzo, 20s-30s) – One of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter’s groupies.
Strong character actor, tap dancing a plus.
• Rocky Horror (Rock Baritone/Tenor, 20s) – The result of one of the
Dr’s experiments: “the perfect man”
• Eddie (Rock Tenor, 30-50) – A delivery guy who rocks. STRONG character
actor, any size.
• Dr. Scott (Rock Tenor, 40s-50s) An older gentleman, a rival scientist,
in a wheelchair. STRONG character actor, any size.
• Magenta (Husky Rock Mezzo/Alto, 20’s-40) – A very strange servant of
Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter. Big and sexy.
• Large Chorus of Phantoms – singers/actors of all ethnicities, and a
wide range of body types, who are strong rock singers. Dance experience